DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)
Who are we?
Sassy Blooms is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Sassy Blooms complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide floristry services and to communicate with you regarding your designs, orders and events.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
To operate the Sassy Blooms web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services run by Sassy Blooms, including floristry workshops.
- To share your contact details with other recommended suppliers with your permission which are relevant to the event or situation.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of our offers or services.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Article 6 processing
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever we process personal data:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for Sassy Blooms to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract Sassy Blooms have with the individual, or because they have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for Sassy Blooms to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for Sassy Blooms to perform a task in the public interest or for Sassy Blooms official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for Sassy Blooms legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with any third party where we have explicitly received your consent to share, such as other wedding suppliers whom we may have recommended to you.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of two years in order to execute the terms of our contract with you.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Sassy Blooms holds about you;
- The right to request that Sassy Blooms corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Sassy Blooms to retain such data;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Emma Fieldman, Sassy Blooms, email email@example.com
By signing this form you are confirming that you have read this Data Protection Notice and that you are consenting to Sassy Blooms holding and processing your personal data for the following purposes (please tick next to the statement where you are happy to grant consent): –
- To discuss your event and in execution of the event
- To keep you informed about news, events, activities and services;
- To share your contact details with the third party suppliers so they can keep you informed about their products, news and events, activities and services which are directly relevant to contract;
- All of the above.
By email [ ] by text [ ] by post [ ] by phone [ ]
You can grant consent to all the purposes; one of the purposes or none of the purposes. Where you do not grant consent we will not be able to use your personal data except in certain limited situations, such as where required to do so by law or to protect members of the public from serious harm.
If you do grant consent, please note you can withdraw your consent to all or any one of the above purposes at any time by contacting Emma Fieldman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.]